Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yo-de-le-yeeoo...

Winter's finally coming around,it seems.If,what we have here at Kolkata which gives rise to barely a few snuggly I-don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed mornings can be called winter,by purists.Me?I don't care what it's called-the fact that it's there,would suffice.
It's this time of the year which makes having endless cups of cha perfectly acceptable.Not that it isn't,at any time of the year,but holding the cup and warming your scaly fingers with it and your insides with the delightfully-scalding-hot liquid gives you a feeling to be rivalled by few others,I tell you.
It's this time of the year when the city looks,well,for the lack of a better word-positively romantic.I mean,if you've ever been on a walk down Southern Avenue or the quieter parts of my para on a winter evening,you'd know.There's this misty,smoky sort of thing all over the place(and I don't think fog's the word),just slightly thinner than the kind that comes whooshing from the bottom of the silver screen when the hero and the heroine are about to meet in their sapnas,and the streetlights come to you,filtered through this,lighting up the whole place in a hazy glow.
It's this time of the year when we always go on a weekendsy trip.Yes yes,very cliche,I know.But I couldn't possibly leave this one out.It's Important,and besides,three points always look good.Oh,and it's the time for bhutta,too!
I'm up at 2.30.Feeling good about myself.Although I've got more-than-half of the syllabus untouched.I think it's my neighbours who got drunk at midnight and started singing raucous versions of Kishore Kumar-Shadher Lau-Mahiner Ghoraguli-Kishore Kumar who got me started on this happy strain.
Ohmy,I sound like an English-literature-student-trying-too-hard now.
But then,it also feels like winter :)

12 comments:

  1. Do you also attack your cha when it's dangerously hot? My mum thinks I've burnt my interiors by now.

    And I 2nd Vikrant. Roshni. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vikrant and Anushka:Thank you much,sweet peoples :)
    @Anushka:At home,no.I take leisurely sips and drag the exercise on for as long as possible because it's my reading-cum-channel-surfing time.But when I'm out-trains,Milan-da,'bie-bari's,I literally scorch my tongue off every single time :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get that super-amazing header? I can almost feel the Smaugness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha,bolbo kyano? :P
    It's one of the original illustrations to Smaug's Hall only.That WAS a guess,right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. u genius..loved it absolutely..keep writing more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU.please refer to post on my blog.

    >:-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Srijan Poetry Festival in Late January.If u want 2 read out urworks in front of noted poets like Joy Goswami, Srijato,et al...pls mail 3 of ur poems at srijan2000@gmail.com.They wl let u know if u r selected.Mail b4 mid-December

    ReplyDelete
  8. buutifull........loved it......jhinku!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for writing this...now even i'm happy about the practically non-existent winter!Nice 2 know there are other tea-perverts like me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Amrita,Pom,Sreejata: *happy,BIG grin*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love i love! :D
    And yuss, the HEADER upi, i know what that is now *faux smug smile* winter, if it can be called that *snorts* anyway, winter-er kolkata= rickshaw ride thruough golf green + bhar-er chaa at rickety raasta'r stall owned by rickety shada chul wala buri.
    but it is snowing here. soft snowflakes and as im studying at my studytable, i can look outside the window and watch the roads and the trees get blanketed white :D the snow is making me HAPPY :D

    ReplyDelete